Self-catering holiday accommodation.

From castles to treehouses, glamping pods to a spare room in the city, we are experts in helping everyone to enjoy all the unique holiday experiences available across the UK and further afield.

The Sail Loft

View project

Most holiday destinations are inaccessible for disabled people, their friends and families. There is a huge opportunity for the sector to provide accessible accommodation that enables everyone to explore the world in comfort and style.

The common misconception is that making improvements to accessibility is complicated, expensive and unattractive. That doesn’t have to be case and even simple adjustments can make a big difference and look great.

£14.6 billion

a year. Size of accessible tourism market in UK

How removable grab rails work

Market potential

  • According to VisitEngland research, accessible tourism is a £14.6 billion a year market and guests requiring accessible accommodation tend to travel with others, take longer trips and are loyal to those that get it right.

  • Clients we have worked with have noted significant increases in occupancy rates since implementing accessibility improvements. Read our cost-benefit case studies on The White Horse, The Dairy and The Calf Shed.

  • Airbnb recently introduced 21 accessible filters to allow guests to search for listings with specific features. These include a step-free entry to rooms, doorways that are wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair, and wetrooms with shower chairs.

  • Many of our clients have gone on to win high-profile awards for their accessibility credentials, including the Cateys and Sawdays Room of the Year. Read more about our award-winning accessible accommodation.


Number of accessible filters on Airbnb.

“Accessibility is not just about wheelchair users. Only 7% of disabled people use wheelchairs. We help hosts to reach the other 93% of guests with a range of physical, cognitive and sensory needs. We can provide advice on features, layouts and products that improve the comfort of their stay”.

Ed Warner, Motionspot CEO and co-founder.

“For a small accommodation provider being flexible is ideal – to be able to get new and repeat business from loyal and happy customers is simply perfection! Everyone can easily reach accessibility accreditation with little investment. We are seeing enquiries increase and expect to get our investment back within five years”.

Diane Howarth

Get in touch.

Our team is always happy to discuss your requirements and provide a scope and fee proposal for your project. Get in touch to chat through your plans with us.

Contact us
Motionspot's design team reviewing plans in the office

Start a conversation

Get in touch to chat through your plans or requirements and see how we can help. Please complete your contact details below.

Contact us

Stay connected

Sign up to receive the latest inclusive design insight and inspiration from our team.