Our approach.

Motionspot challenges the typical expectations for designing accessible spaces and strives to blend innovation with functionality and style.

Everything we do is built on the foundation of evidence-based inclusive design principles and a conviction that accessibility does not need to look clinical.

Transforming spaces and lives.

The impact of our work on the lives of our customers is what motivates us. We aim to transform spaces from inaccessible and exclusive to welcoming and enabling for all.

Design for disability is the cornerstone of the inclusive design process but, in order to create a truly inclusive environment, Motionspot works with clients to create welcoming and accessible environments for all, no matter age, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or disability.

“We have one defining vision: ‘Well designed access for all.’ At Motionspot, our aim is to transform spaces and lives through beautifully designed, accessible environments that deliver independence for anyone with an impairment or in need of extra support.”

OUR VISION

Our approach.

  • 1.Pioneering

    Working alongside our clients and their design teams, we strive to redefine what is possible in accessible design. Going beyond the bare minimums of building regulations we create projects that are inspiring, inclusive and future-proofed for all.

  • 2.Solution-focused accessible design

    We’re not about tick boxes. We don't just uncover access challenges with buildings, we propose creative design solutions that make your space more inclusive.

    Embedding accessible design at the earliest stages of your project doesn’t only increase cost-effectiveness, it also opens up opportunities for the most creative solutions.

    Talk to us about a project
  • 3.Evidence-based

    The Motionspot team are skilled at blending user insight with the latest global best practice, cutting-edge academic research, evidence-based design principles and relevant local legislation.

    We work with leading specialists on rapidly-evolving subjects such as dementia and neurodiversity, including people with lived experience of disability and exclusion.

    Our sister company Fine & Able also designs and fits hundreds of accessible adaptations in private homes across the UK every year. This gives Motionspot unique insight into different impairments and how environments and products can be better designed to suit everyone.

  • 4.Innovative product solutions

    Frustrated that there weren’t enough well-designed accessible products on the market that fitted our client’s design intent, we began designing and developing our own innovative solutions. Our range now includes hundreds of well-designed accessible fixtures and fittings for home and commercial environments. Every product is created in line with Motionspot’s ethos of design-led accessibility.

    Explore products

  • 5.Collaborative

    The best solutions come when people work together. We are experienced at working collaboratively with architects, interior designers, contractors, and building users at all stages of a project.

    Our team

Inclusive Design.

For us, design for disability is the cornerstone of the inclusive design process. This is much more than just ramps and accessible toilets; it is about how the built environment can go beyond the bare minimums of building regulations and create spaces that are inspiring, inclusive and future-proofed for all.

Many of our differences and impairments are invisible. As a result, they tend to be overlooked in the standard design process. However, they have a profound impact on how individuals are able to use and enjoy a space.

15%

Approximately 15% of the global population is disabled. This is the world’s largest minority.

"Disability is diverse. Just 8% of disabled people use a wheelchair. We help people to think about what they are doing for the other 92% with many other types of physical, sensory and cognitive access needs too."

Ed Warner, CEO of Motionspot & Founder

Get in touch.

Our Team are always happy to provide free advice and discuss your requirements. We can also provide free quotes and accessible product specifications tailored to your project budget and design intent.

Get in touch to chat through your plans with us.

Contact us
Motionspot's design team reviewing plans in the office

Stay connected.

Sign up to receive the latest accessible product innovations and inclusive design news.